Saturday, July 24, 2010

2 months already!!

Guylan is 2 months old today! Wow!! I just can’t believe how fast time just flies by.


Yesterday was a day full of cleaning and preparing to leave for the weekend to go visit Ma & Pa Holland. The way I most enjoy cleaning and getting stuff done around the house these days is putting Guylan into our Moby Wrap. There are so many reasons I just love having him in the wrap. I love having him close to me. With him in the wrap he knows where I am – right next to him. I also like that he is able to see everything I am doing. I feel like he is just a sponge, absorbing everything in his environment and when he can move around with me in the wrap I can tell him what I am doing and keep him mentally occupied. He also takes his best naps in the wrap. Well-rested babies eat well and well-fed babies sleep well and babies that sleep and eat well are happy and happy babies equal happy mommies. Get the picture. :) Wraps are just great.

While I was cleaning today Guy fell asleep in the wrap, like normal. Since he loves sleeping in the wrap, I secured his head to my chest with part of the wrap and continued on cleaning. I finished the kitchen where everything I was doing involved me standing (dishes, wiping down counters, etc.) and moved on to the living room. Now, in the living room there were a lot of things on the floor that needed to be picked up, so I had to bend down and grab them, stand back up and put it where ever it was supposed to go, then go back to grab the next thing. After bending down to pick up the first thing Guylan gave a grunt as I stood up. I looked down at him to make sure I was not hurting him and there he was…head rested against my chest, dead asleep. So I giggled at him and bent down to grab then next thing. He did it again, and again, and again. Man, he is just too cute. As I was listening to him grunt I was reminded of his first week of life. When Guy was a newborn every time we would shift him he would grunt just like today. I hadn’t realized that he stopped making that noise a while ago. It was such a sweet sound. I just can’t believe how much he has already changed.

I just love our little man so much. What a great blessing. I could just stare at him for hours in amazement. How remarkable our GOD is that he could take and egg and a sperm and turn it in to a human and that that human grew in my belly!! Wow!! I will forever stand in awe of HIS capabilities.

No comments: